Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How Wonderful to Have Friends


I am taking a moment to be grateful for your friendship and all the beauty that we have shared.

It is more important to me than the news of the spread of the cancer to several spots in the bones and the need to start hormone therapy which will remove any testosterone from my body.
I am giving up many pretenses to deal with the essence of living , 5 years by the doctors estimate and am going to pursue a course of hope and love instead of fear and clinging.

I am not the victim of a disease , it is not an enemy. It is a profound opportunity to learn grow and love.

I will pursue the doctors protocols and keep a strict regime of healthy living . THe process of physically dying can be postponed for me as well as all of us but the process of living richly and fully in all matters cannot. From the most important physical thing in living , the breath, comes the word inspire .

From here and now on if plans do not inspire they will be exchanged for plans that do.

Most importantly...

Love,
Fred

1 comment: