Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Process of Healing Meditation


Just got back from a week long meditation retreat on 7 point mind training with my mediation teacher Alan Wallace.

Have started a collaboration with one of my fellow Shamatha retreantants to use the energy of the meditation to heal our bodies and those of all sentient beings.

A diagnosis of cancer really motivates.

Maharaji has guided me to  do all sorts of things  and continues to do so. When I was  your age I was lent some siddhis including the ability to disappear in front of anyone who was looking at me while they were looking at me. It all went to my head back then, Maharaji told me to stop messing with them,  but now the real purpose is becoming clear. Maharaji demonstrated to me that the impossible is merely a set of assumptions that have not been explored and with the spiritual technology available plus creative development of even more aspects of the technology plus a deep and growing faith the Maharaji's ability to guide the process, any type of healing can be done.

Here is a copy of the initial suggestions as to what the process is:

(1) Samatha–– Full body awareness, with emphasis on the earth element.

(2) Vajrasattva Practice of Purification ––Imagine the gunk being pushed out by light.  (Head to toe).

(3) Vajrayana––Visualization of pure light (form realm / deity yoga) emanating from the body and expanding into the field.

(4) Samatha––Awareness of Awareness

(5) Tonglen. (Tibetan: གཏོང་ལེན་; Wylie: gtong len) is Tibetan for 'giving and taking' (or, sending and taking), and it refers to a meditation practice found in Tibetan Buddhism.

In the practice, one visualizes taking onto oneself the suffering of others, and giving one's own happiness and success to others. As such it is a training in altruism in its most extreme form. The function of the practice is to:

    * reduce selfish attachment
    * increase a sense of renunciation
    * create positive karma by giving and helping
    * develop loving-kindness and bodhicitta
    * it refers to all of the Six Perfections of giving, ethics, patience, joyous effort, concentration and wisdom, which are the practices of aBodhisattva

The last element is the deep and growing faith in the guru. ie Maharaji.

This has to be learned felt and experienced ala "lest they see miracles they will not believe" so I am getting Maharaji's course in love and miracles.

This morning it consisted of hugging a friend who has a mother with heart problems and a husband who just spent a week in the hospital. SHe was transformed with having been hugged while vibrating at the heart. My common form of Maharaji showing me a miracle.

Having a meditation here Thursday and one of the folks is an archeologist who tells me that because I live on a high spot, the top of a hill and the top of the hill has a petroglyph on it that this is an American Indian sacred site. I am going to ask her to talk a little about how to bring back the sacredness and what the Indian's ceremonies might be.

That has led me to start purifying the site in order to transmute the energy from the mixed bag they have been and propitiate the spirits.

Gathering sage and cedar for a purification of the house and environs.

No comments:

Post a Comment