Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The news and the reactions

Here is a copy of the enail that I sent to everyone to give perspective about the situation that I face.

This morning in my prayer I asked Maharaji to be with me today . He said he was busy but would send Poppy and Mary as proxies. He did!
The construction guys were here and I had to back around them, Stella my car, now has  her first official banged up fender. I hit the water spigot. It does not looked damaged.

Mary, my cousin and Poppy , my neighbor and I went to  see Dr. Gorstch this afternoon and the news is that I have several options in front of me .
 Extreme chemo- good chance of working  on younger people but not for someone in my condition and age.
Milder but semi toxic chemo on  a weekly basis .---- It will maintain the cancer maybe but not improve my condition.
Quit chemo- more sleep , more painful and leave the body in 4  or 6 perhaps months more.Pain management the only therapy.
Call Dr Lam in LA when Allie returns . Get his opinion and thank him for all his good work.

Came home and Mary , Poopy, and I   vaporized . Spent much of  the afternoon laughing , talking about Rebecca, the spirits Poppy and I commune with and having a grand time.
The shock has not hit completely yet and the only decisions that I have made is to await Allie's return to talk this out, schedule a talk with Dr Lam , and involve my spiritual friends   more in the process

Enjoy the beauty of being here now ,it is achingly awesome.

The results are many heart warming responses, for which I am most grateful. But to keep  my life in perspective I received one email that offered me congratulations . The universe does have sense of humor


1 comment:

  1. Your Grand Journey, it seems, continues. Yikes.

    I must call on my team of Wise Ones for solace:

    It's not that I'm afraid to die,
    I just don't want to be there when it happens.
    --Woody Allen

    For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off.
    --Johnny Carson

    If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
    --Sam Levensen

    ReplyDelete