Saturday, February 6, 2010

All dressed up with no place to go

    Spent THursday learning and adapting. T the lady who is teaching me hatha yoga shared with me the concept of what she terms  unconscious yoga. Last week she had introduced to me the talking with  the body. Listening or rather feeling the nuances of what bodies are communicating while one does stretching. This internal dialog is continually happening . THe body is a receptor of communications both within itself and with  the outside world. To have the dialogue within is quite amazing . It starts with ouch and can extend to ah. As one begins to practice the ouches are avoided, they hurt and the ah s become more pronounced. In some of the better sessions of this  stretching it is a sensual pleasure of eroticism. One makes love to every muscle in the body and has the reward of deep sensual pleasure throughout the whole organism. Given that I am taking hormone suppressant drugs and live alone , this is a wonderful form of release .T also taught me to do this in the morning upon awakening . What a marvelous way to start a day. The deep sensuality that allows ones mind to stop the thinking process and merge merely with the flow of awareness.  Quite a yoga teaching. I have been doing this every morning since.
    The next part of the day was spent at the City Council listening to my neighbor L argue with another neighbor over the height of his fence. This my be the next part of my sadhana since I tend to want to avoid looking at the effect upon me. I do not want to get involved in a legal dispute, I fear retribution, and I am not sure what there is to win. All issues that I will have to examine as I approach this . How stressful is it and is the reward worth the effort.
     The last part of the day was divided into two activities . The first was climbing a mountain in the Squaw Peak park range which I did quite easily. Even while giving advise over the phone to V about how to interact with a friend of hers whose body has cancer . THe second part involved going to an acupuncturist physician to have a treatment in dealing with a small muscle cramp in my chest which had happened after the last treatment of Zometa ,the osteoporosis drug. L my ex-wife attended the meeting and the conversation that the two doctors had was quite fascinating. It was instructional as I realize that I have to depend on the knowledge of so many intelligent people to make the proper decisions about many different  forms of health.
      Friday consisted of going to meet this challenge with the expectation that I had done my best to deal with the circumstances . Mentally and emotionally prepared to deal with worst of circumstances only to be told that it was not going to be done.
     All dressed up and no where to go. I was stunned . I had spent a lot of time money and effort preparing for this only to be told that it was not going to be done. I had been previously assured that the reactions that I had were normal and that it was not something to be concerned about to refusal to participate in the giving of the drugs.
      THere was a casual rescheduling 12 days later. It took me five hours, a long conversation with my sister-cousin to get me back on track and get me fired up about having this presented to the Oncologist so that a better and quicker result would follow. Monday I will know if other steps have to be taken.
       Today Saturday I am enjoying being home. Starting to do my spring cleaning. Do I have lots of stuff..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment