Saturday, May 1, 2010

The collaboration begins

      K's visit has concluded. It was a cornucopia of gifts , teachings , sharing ,learning , delight ,  and insights.
     The hours of conversation that we shared provided me with the basis for a framework to consider the nature of thought and how it is a process. The framework has levels of understanding that allow for the transformation of thinking .
      Many insights that I gained from the exchange were obvious but only after being seen. A simple example in my case was my relationship to the story of the Odyssey. It is the myth that I have resonated with most of my life.
       The function of a myth is to provide a larger cognition within which one lives ones life. It allows the individual to become part of the whole of mankind, Subtle and vital to life well lived.
       This is one simple example of numerous examples I received from  the discussions. Some of those insights have depth and breadth while many are unsophisticated and need much expansion to achieve any degree of usefulness in healing and understanding. It is a delight and honor to be with someone who is so generous in sharing in such a loving way.
         K also is an accomplished chef able to take the severe restrictions that my diet imposes and turn it into numerous small culinary piêce de rêsistance . 
         While the picture tries to  capture the elegance and beauty of the dish it can only give a feeble idea of how delicious. 
         Both of us were part of  the Shamatha  Meditation Project which I have written of before . That shared background along with the blessings of the originator of the project Alan Wallace are another of the basis of the   collaboration that we are forming. 
         I am leaving out much that is important . There is however so much there to write about that editorial discretion must be exercised.

No comments:

Post a Comment