Thursday, December 24, 2009

Salvation Army

For two glorious hours I served meals to people at the salvation army Christmas dinner. The job that I had was putting rolls and butter on plates of hot food that were given to the people who had come to eat. We in the serving lines were given the opportunity to give food to our fellow human beings in a gesture of compassion.

At the end of the meals, I was the last person to cease serving , we packed up and left. I was so high from the experience that I did not want to leave that emotional state and when the clinging was complete I cried.

Part of this is my own state of mind and I was reminded that the drugs that I am taking cause hot flashes and with them I believe mood swings.

Went to a Christmas party with a group of buddhists, an oxymoron I think, and we had good food that I could eat and plenty of conversation .

Broke up with an agreement to go with one member to a Vajaragini empowerment in Prescott Valley on the 1st of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment