Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Call from beyond

      Today I  drank some mildly bitter liquid and had the CT scans to determine if the cancer has metastasized to the lymph system. It was an almost painless procedure, they did give me an injection of some dye, and took place in the period of 5 minutes and was done in a professional and friendly way. I had to arrive an hour early to drink this liquid and sat and meditated during the period of waiting. I had to be called out of my reverie to attend to the procedures. I meditate at every opportunity that I get .
       The instruction was then given to me to drink lots of liquid.
       Today's weather was perfect the high was in the mid 70's and the desire to hike up Squaw Peak coincided with every thing else that was happening.
       Prima Amiga is giving a dharma talk that we had discussed last night and this morning, I don't think I helped her much, and I set off on the adventure.
         Reached the top of the 1500 ft climb in record time, for slowness, stopped several time and drank two liters of water. That should help the system get rid of these new chemicals.
        When I arrived at the top I gave thanks to the deities of the ten directions for the many blessings that I have had and for good health which I enjoy.
         I learned from some traveling salesmen of my neighbor the wrathful aspect of compassions desire to sell his home.
           I thought a good idea to sit down and meditate ,surprise!
          For many years I would dread being alone on Sunday afternoon . It would give me a deep sense of melancholy that I always wished would never come and  pushed out of my awareness with various strategies that were mildly successful.
           The news of the impending leaving of my beloved neighbor brought forth that melancholy in spades. Interestingly ,however, this time I recognized and began to welcome the sensations . For the first time I recognized it for what it is to me and that is a call from beyond.
           "We who love you are here and waiting for you finish your work and you will be once again back with us." that was what was being said.
           I still want to live and live a long healthy life and then return from whence I came. Death seems a lot friendlier now.

No comments:

Post a Comment