Monday, November 15, 2010

Shiinzen Young retreat 11-10-10

        I am into the  SHinzen Young retreat and it is living up to expectations. It founder teaches Vipassana meditation  in a virtual form environment. By this I mean we do not get caught in the content  of the process of our minds but rather label the forms that are neutrally observable . He also teaches it as game theory. We are beginning with the simplest of games ,tic tac toe. by drawing the # of a tic tac toe we get to fill in the blanks with combinations of see , hear ,  feel and tell if they are in out or at rest. The rows would be the senses the columns are the states.  The goal of the game is to observe which way the conscious mind is be drawn . 
To watch the mind being drawn to these various places is relatively easy and I enjoy the practice , the enjoyment of the practice is the object of the game. As the mind enjoys an activity is more easily drawn to it the next time that the playing takes place. Since I am new to the game I have to practice joyfully in order to get the game down well. 
I had to leave this afternoon to make an appointment in Tucson with Dr Dickey who is the Tibetan doctor that I am consulting with. She got the urine sample read the lab reports and took my pulse. Her observations are that my skin is dry and I am dehydrated. Blood levels ae good and the life force is still strong. We discussed the rise in psa and I told her of the recommendations that are possible in the near future dealing with the chemotherapy drug taxatore. She said to call her an let her know of the results of the blood test THursday and gave me some herbs that may limit the rise of psa . I asked about what results that she could point to about TIbetan medicine and she said that it mainly has to do with energy and protection of the other cells from t he cancer.
The most interesting thing she said was that the meditations I am doing and the process that is involved with it is that the cleaning of the emotional body, psychic body etc with meditation  is the reflection of purging the physical system of the afflictions..
I now feel that I have a more  clear idea about my path. The mental afflictions that I seem to have are reflections of the physical and vise versa so cleaning this system in a holistic way is the appropriate method for me . 

No comments:

Post a Comment