Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shamanism, Abbott and Costello, and Power Animals.


Shamanism has something that I have never availed myself of but yesterday I asked the universe to give me a powerful sign that it was interacting with me and in such a way that I could know that it was doing just that.

This afternoon two shamans showed up at the door and while I thought that they were here for a discussion of some medical news that i had received my expectations were completely changed when they took out feathers, magic sticks with attached power stones, and Tibetan gongs. In the following ceremony i sat in the middle of my mediation room in the chair that I had meditated with in the Shamatha Project and used an old cut glass bowl that is a family heirloom filled with sea salt water that had a copper tube connected to a wire in the water . I held the tube while my friendly neighborhood shaman had spirits leave my body those of my parents and grandparent in the way that gave both of us our freedom and dissolved contracts ,obligations, and notes that were interfering with our higher selves .

All of this was very enlightening and entertaining . But as an extra benefit my two Shamanic guides decided not to agree on the strategy that they were going to use to heal. So the conversation ran as an argument.

"Get that character in the corner into the light."

" I don't see him "

"Well he's there if you look"

"I don't work this way. I let the person taking the journey evoke his own images."

"I am here because he can't find the spirit and I will tell him what I see."

"Calm down. We need to get on with the healing."

All delightfully entertaining and healing in a humorous way. My guru sent me what I needed and certainly did not expect.

The process was over way to soon and concluded with the spirit of Medicine Buddha being instilled into my life and a power animal with a name becoming becoming known to me as a spirit guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment