Thursday, November 26, 2009


Things to be thankful for on this day and every day.
THe blessing of having a guru to grant a life of the spirit. It is a place to turn in all the circumstances that are trying to receive hope renewal courage equanimity strength love and joy. The book Be Here Now ,which has lead me to the holy works of many paths.
The blessing of a growing faith . From that core comes the blessing of the fellow seekers on the path no matter of what faith or lack thereof. And the blessing of a path . Then comes the many things that I have to be thankful for.
Being part of the Shamatha Project a scientific project that will set a precedent for the study of consciousness that will eventually expand science out of some of its narrow strictures and into a wider and deeper appreciation of how powerful consciousness is. This will hasten the transformation to a more aware society by giving its most dominant tool , science, data from which the awareness of the power of consciousness will grow and transform the society in ways that will be healing and ennobling. I believe that this was the opportunity of a lifetime and it is one in which I have great pride . It gives me the courage to look at the other projects that I wish to pursue and fulfill.
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve. Today is the chance to open my home for those who might otherwise not have a place to be on thanksgiving. Hospice gives me the opportunity to be a guide in the service of those who are about to transition out of the body , as a hospice volunteer it is a singular honor to be with someone when they leave. I give thanks for the beauty that those experience bestow.
I am thankful for the friends who have enriched my life. My fellow dreamers lucid ,tibetan yoga, and integral.
I am thankful for the teachers that have spoken to my soul and help me every day Ram Dass , Alan Wallace, Zachojoe Rinpoche, the Dalai Lama.
I am thankful for my family the closest of whom is my sister/ cousin Mary who I met when I was 3 weeks old and am blessed in talking to regularly . My cousins Tom and Mary who have been faithful friends . My cousins Kaye and Mark who have shared with me a path of beauty and grace. All the beautiful children they have who give me hope. Bruce the brilliant nephew whose creativity is the beginning of understanding the new healing that I am part of. Lisa the ex-wife who in her own way is giving me the ability to step out of whatever the norm is and into the next calling and with whom I shared over 20 happy years.
I am grateful for having wonderful old friends in my life such as Victoria with whom I have spent many a phone evening and has listened patiently and thoughtfully to all of my minds wanderings for many years , Joe the patient listener with whom I share a deep bond of friendship and love. Sylvia the good old girl who will not abandon a friend in need. Allie who will not let me become anything less than the conscious being that I am . Leroy who shows me intense compassion without sympathy. Donovan who set me up on skype so I can be part of other lives and created this blog that I can share my musings. Especially this blog about what I have to be thankful for.
I am grateful for new friends who teach me the new skills that I need to learn to cope with my new situation. Winter who is my guide to understanding the mystery of insurance, Jenine, Ardas Kaur, and Bhagat Kaur whose reiki treatments are the next step on the path of healing. Dave the electrician who blessed me with his presence. Jason the chef who gives me good food to eat .
A life of balance enough warmth on a cool day.
The beautiful home that I live in with its gorgeous sunrises and sunsets,the chance to live in a country that provides me with so many opportunities. The material wealth that I have that allows me to concentrate on healing and well being.
Medicines to make me well .
Thank you ,Thank you ,Thank you.
What joy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you too.

    Have you made plans for your Birthday yet?

    ReplyDelete