Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Discrimination and longing



The pain of love became the medicine for every heart, the difficulty could never be solved without love.                                                            ATTAR
 



     Discrimination and longing, having changed physically rather radically in the last three months has left me intensely aware of things that I ignored or did not know exist. It has been a time of growth emotionally that probably compares with the growth that a child goes through when they are 4 to 10 years old. The perception of the world is no longer in the place that it was . The human contact that I have is very valuable and is indispensable and the longing for divine contact grows daily. THe longing for God is beginning to replace more and more desires.
         The longing is growing but the world needs to be treated with respect and careful discrimination. So a balance must be struck.
         WHen I was young I made a life plan that would put me in the position of becoming a  renuciate in my old age.
         In India there is a long tradition of  the elderly retiring from life to contemplate existence in preparation for death and being reborn. That tradition does not exist in the west but needs to be introduced , I may have to go to India to be part of it but I hope that it can be here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment