Monday, January 25, 2010

Healthy Foods


Lunch was BBQ Peanut soup  with quinoa and dinner is Red Curry soup with quinoa. Made lots of quinoa in the rice cooker and just heat it up. Goes with everything, is a complete protein in itself, and is easy to make.

J, my chef, stopped by today delivering my weeks worth of meals. Gave me a quick talk about the two substances in my life. One is Stevia which is a plant that is the genus of about 240 species of herbs and shrubs in the sunflower family.(Thanks Wiki.)  it has an intense sweetness and has virtually no impact on blood glucose. It is the only type of sweetener that I have run across that passes the muscle testing that I am doing to determine what foods are viable and which ones aren't. I use the muscle test of how much energy it takes to pull apart the thumb and pinkie finger.  I have used a variation of this years ago when I designed a diet around muscle testing I felt phenomenal then but fell away from the diet as I traveled. Since I am presented with all types of food choices I am using this as a method to give me an idea of what the energy system of the body does not want.

J is an excellent chef, philosopher, cooking teacher and friend. His clients consist of the 40% of diabetics , 20% good food buffs, and 40% cancer patients. He was diabetic in his younger years, most of his family is also diabetic, but instead of following the medical model, he designed a healthy diet, is no longer diabetic, and lectures to various groups about diet and food as well .

Mentioned to him that flaxseed lingans are now part of the regime that my body is on. His response was that the way that the body works is that cancer cells are passed into the colon where they need to be flushed and since the flaxseed becomes a gelatinous substance akin to metamucill the cancer cells are flushed from the body more fully. I used to have diarrhea about once a week but that  has not happened in months. More beneficial results in building a healthy body.

The rest of the day was getting Vitamin-C transfusions and working out. I am going to a meditation and talk about the kabbalah  tonight and getting the car fixed tomorrow, plus working on stuff around the house.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember where you are on the "I need to lose/maintain/gain weight continuum, but keep in mind that most whole grains (quinoa included) pack a lot of calories along with their other good qualities. I'm on the "maintain" weight track, so I've been very moderate in my *portions* of whole grains since losing the weight I wanted to last year.

    ReplyDelete