Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hot date on a Friday nite

         Yesterday was a highly productive day in many ways.  Chronologically the city picked up all the bulk trash out of my yard. F came buy cleaned windows for tonights party ,pick upped the trash in the back yard and prepared the soil, We moved all of J 's stuff out into the garage where a friend of his will be able to take it. Just love getting things out of my life cleaned and organized.
           While he was doing that I was on the phone with Shinzen Young. Shinzen was having me do the basic exercises involved with working the noting meditation system that he has pioneered . We would confer on the phone , I would do the technique for maybe 30 minutes or so and then  confer with him again. This went on most of the morning.
           I then made lunch for F and myself and had F take all the old books that I had had to the bookstore where he sold them and kept the proceeds as the payment for what I owed him.
             I borrowed a truck and picked up gravel for the back yard landscape and then climbed Squaw Peak in the afternoon. It is two hours to leave my front door drive to the park climb to the top of a 1500 ft mt. climb down and drive home to walk back into my from door.
           Called the Prima Amiga, sang her Brahms Lullaby to  her so she could go back to sleep, she still has jet lag, and then sat down to meditate with Shinzen doing the phone interviews.
           He had me do various parts of see ,hear and feel out. It feels a bit awkward like trying to do something with your non-dominant hand but with Shinzen to talk to, a lot of the difficulty became trivial.
           The final part was dealing with flow. The experience of letting each sense move through whatever aspect of its reality that is being perceived. So when I did see flow with my eyes open the door I was looking at would pulse expanding visually and then contracting. Fascinating to watch, very hypnotic. Then hear flow, I am in a room with a small space heater and the sound of the  fan has a rhythmic quality that is constant most relaxing to listen to and as I listen more intently I can become completely adsorbed in the experience . Finally the feel flow . Feeling the body be tired from all the exercise and good meal to feeling it come awake and become intense in it awareness to feeling the sense of well excitement from the information of the eyes and the sense of well being and calm from listening to the space heater.
            A deep peace followed at the conclusion of this evening.   For me a very hot Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment