Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just reporting

          Just reporting what is going on is hard to keep up with. Tuesday I went back to see my friend K in his bed. I had talked to R  my niece about speech recognition programs for a Wintel machine and she found that there were some programs on the machine that were built into the software. I was on the phone as I opened the program for R to lead me through. K saw what it involved and we tried some of it out. It worked well for me but K's voice was so weak that the computer would not respond.
           I went over to Best Buy and purchased a headphone speaker system so that his voice would me projected directly into the speaker and not have to compete with ambient noise. When I left him he was doing his version of yelling into the computer which is good for him in that it gives him a certain amount of exercise breathing.
          Wednesday I got an email from him asking that I come by to help with more software problems. He had mastered the program to a level that I found amazing. It is slow compared to keystrokes but he can't do any keystrokes so this is blazing fast for him.
         THe problem was more complex that he told me of and way beyond what I would know about however R was just a phone call away and within a few minutes she had figured out an answer that he applied and was off and running with his new skill.
         My hope is he he will find some chat room where much more knowledgeable people can help him.
           Kudos to R for being right there to help and I am thankful that I got to play a small role in this deed.
           Tuesday I also went to a Rumanian healer who lives here in town. Interesting I could feel the whole left side of my body and there was a warmth that was not unlike the hour worth of bowls that I had experienced Sunday.
          Also Tuesday evening the Prima Amiga and I discussed the options that I have medically and what decisions and actions that I am going to have to make.
          What would take me long hours with mixed results took half an hour and I feel strong and secure about what is transpiring.
           Cleaned house Wednesday morning getting the dust out of the bedroom.  Seemed to work I did not sneeze all evening. In the evening Prima AMiga and I just played.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment