Sunday, February 20, 2011

Steps to preparation

        For those of us who live alone and do not talk to a many people there is a tendency to think of oneself in many circumstances where  thinking of my partner is much how to have a relationship.
      The Prima Amiga has some justifiable grievances with my behavior in that I can be self centered and not curious enough to pursue what her feeling motivations and perceptions are on relationship matters. She has been patient in explaining them to me and I have not caught on in many instances. Anyway last night we had a clearing of the air. It is interesting to be open and vulnerable with someone with whom you are arguing. To argue from that place is healthy and a little scary since there is no telling what the outcome will be.
        What was evident to me is that the argument can proceed and still have a fixed notion that it for the strengthening of the relationship rather than tying to achieve some form of superiority.
         She has vulnerabilities that come from her past and I am learning how they affect her present . I am also learning how to be a bit more sensitive of who she is and how to respond rather than react to those periods when she has opened her heart and needs loving attention.
         Long difficult conversation but necessary for the two of us to continue to build trust and openness between us .
          Slept in late had my old yoga teacher T stop by and pick up all of the clay pots that I had acquired over the years.. Her son has anger issues and I got to see them when he worked for me. He is smoking pot and does not have the ability to keep his demons at bay when that is happening.
          Went to meditation this afternoon and  then took some pictures for sunset.
          Tomorrow is Zometa transfusions and a visit with a Shaman.

No comments:

Post a Comment