Friday, January 28, 2011

A good day for which I am grateful

On this day in 1945 the Red Army liberated Auschwitz.
Visited with K in the morning he is horny,quadriplegic , and angry. I listened , he is a kind person in an difficult place,
         I did notice that his computer is next to him but he can not use it so I am working with R to see if we can get the thing to work with nothing but voice commands , if the software is available.
I spent the afternoon doing Hospice volunteering down at Ryan house , the facility near St Joseph's hospital. It is a  pediatric hospice facility , however  one floor is for adults.
A lady from Ohio who had a brain aneurysm while visiting her sister in Yuma. No facilities in Yuma to care for her and she has been transported to here. Family is the sister who comes when she can and child in Alaska.
Sat and read Be Love Now , fell asleep for awhile, and went back to the book. Read the section with Ramana Maharshi, what a great man and how deeply moving is his story.
Went to a discussion of Buddha's brain last night very interesting group of people we passed the bowl and spoke. I remember to people in particular. A lady who was enjoying just being with her husband on a pleasant afternoon and had a feeling of dismay which she went to her cushion and observed for several minutes until it passed. It just reminded me of the small blessings that can be overlooked in a life of focus and drive. Also a young man at ASU who had learned an interesting lesson about the difference between have to and get to. The mere substitution of one form of phrase for another turns a curse into a blessing. 
K whose home we were all attending gave me a lovely present of a stone with the word healing etched into it.
Spent the rest of the evening listening to SHinzen's dharma talk about fear. What I understood of it was to observe the aspect of it that is in the mind and the aspect of it that is in the body. If both  are observed in real time the level of fear that is there is additive if they are taken without awareness the impact is mathematical progression that quite steep. THere is just so much awareness that can be brought to the moment and it ca either be locked around the fear and the effects of the fear or it can be used to observe the flow of the fear letting some of the locking go .
Did that this morning in meditation. I awoke afraid as I often do and watched as the body had a specific feeling to it . My mind was not thinking about anything much but so I turned my attention completely to the body . In no time I felt the fear transform into a feeling of well being and with some nurture positive moments I felt wonderful. Happy to have the love of God guru and girlfriend and reveal in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment